As a student, you are to face the need of dealing with dozens of writing assignments each month, and this is what makes the years at college difficult. Managing your workload properly is almost impossible when all essays, research papers, reports, reviews, and other tasks are piling up. One of the assignments that are particularly dreaded by most students is writing a critique of a scientific article, as it involves much more work than one may have expected.
What is an Article Critique Assignment?
When given the task of writing a critique paper, you are expected to read a particular article and analyze it from various perspectives. Your main goal, in this case, is to define both the flaws and advantages of the research, showing what could be improved in it.
Is It Similar to Summarizing?
Many students confuse the terms and instead of preparing the research articles critique, they simply summarize its main ideas and present an overview of the material. However, while a summary strives to retell the essential content of the article briefly, a critique tries to evaluate the author’s work and the significance of the research.
How to Write a Critique of an Article? Basic Steps
Before writing, do the following:
- Find an article on the given topic in one of the valid sources, such as international scientific journals.
- Browse the article to get a general understanding of the research.
- Read again and take notes.
While reading for the second time, try to view the article critically. The following list of questions will help you to pay attention to the basic aspects:
- What is the educational and scientific background of the article’s author? Is this person qualified in the topic of research?
- Is the methodology suitable for this type of study? Did the author explain the use of these particular research methods?
- Are the results applicable to the further studies in this sphere?
- Does the author prove the main arguments with sufficient evidence?
- Does the article take into consideration the existing research materials on the topic? Does it address the gaps in previous studies?
- Are the research results valuable and usable for the other scientists?
Critiquing Papers: The Structure
Writing a critique for an article should be made in accordance with an outline prepared beforehand. Below is the plan of the elements to include in your paper.
The opening paragraph of a good critique shall contain the following information:
- The general information about the author and the article
- The thesis statement expressed by the author
- Your personal impression about the article
For the readers to be informed about the content of the article, you need to provide a short summary of it. Make sure to mention:
- The key ideas of the article
- The research questions and objectives
- The findings and results of the research
To critique an article, you need to focus on the following elements:
- The strong and weak points about the research
- The objective analysis of the article’s flow, consecutiveness, logical order, overall comprehensiveness, and structure
All the critique papers should end with a conclusion, and this part should include the following information:
- A brief summary of the article analysis you presented and your final verdict about the article’s relevance and value
- Your personal comments about the article and its effectiveness
Write My Article Critique Please
Based on how much analysis and knowledge a good critique takes, it is obvious that in order to compose such paper, one needs to have a certain level of expertise and experience. Since not all the students possess the required writing skills, they often look for professional assistance online. Our company offers exclusive critique services for students of all departments and academic levels. If you turn to Perfectwritings.com for help, you will receive highly qualified writing assistance from the best experts. Our writing department consists of experienced writers with an excellent command of English and a proper education. Writing a critique paper is something they have been dealing with for years, so they will easily help you with your assignment, regardless of its topic and subject.
Work on Your Writing
The students tend to pay a lot of attention to the content, but often overlook the significant aspects of the writing process. It is especially easy to lose track of the important details when you need to submit the paper before the burning deadline, which is always the reason for lowered grades.
In order to ensure that your critique is of decent quality, you need to focus on your writing, making sure that your grammar, word choice, punctuation and text structure are suitable. Undoubtedly, the utmost importance is given to the formatting, and complying with the required referencing style is essential for the great outcome of your work.
In case you find all the writing challenging and exhausting, our company will gladly take over this part of the work and prepare an excellent paper in accordance with your instructions. Years of writing experience have made us the masters of MLA, APA, Harvard, and other referencing styles, and our editing department knows how to proofread the papers until they are flawless.
Advantages of Our Cooperation:
- Exceptional quality: your paper will be written by the most qualified and skillful professionals.
- Unique content: the paper will be custom-tailored in accordance with your individual request, so it will be authentic!
- Simple ordering: you will only need to fill out a short form and make the payment, and we will do the rest of the work!
- Good prices: we never overcharge our clients and help them to save more with special offers and discounts.
- No plagiarism: we guarantee that not a word from your paper will be copy-pasted from anywhere.
- Total confidentiality: we protect your data and all the information about your order.
Why Order from Perfectwritings.com?
We have been hiring the most qualified professionals in our writing department, which is the reason why we can guarantee the best quality of writing to every client. Our writers specialize in different spheres, such as Math, Psychology, Linguistics, History, Marketing, Accounting, Sociology, Philosophy, and many others, so it will never be a problem for us to find an expert in your field of research. Besides, every person working for us is a native speaker and a degree holder, which ensures the great language and a deep research.
We also offer a database of sample papers that can serve as an inspiration to you. By browsing these papers, you can see how our writers work and make a balanced decision on whether it is worth ordering a paper from us. If you embark on working with our company, contact us right away! Our support agents are online 24/7, available for handling your requests.