After investing much time into writing your paper, revising it is the last thing you want to do. Undoubtedly the scrupulous reading of the text trying to find out the grammatical mistakes and logical fallacies is always boring. However, let us face it. Proofreading is a particularly important stage of the writing process. If you feel that you cannot do it properly, do not panic and contact our service with the words, “Proofread my college essay.” We guarantee fast and quality proofreading help that will fit your budget.
Proofreading is the final stage of the writing process, which, nevertheless is also very important. Thus, we highly recommend you not to skip this stage. If you want to understand how to proofread a document, we recommend you to follow the suggestions gathered by our skilled proofreaders.
Before You Start Proofreading Your Paper:
- Make sure to proofread your paper only after the larger parts of the text are revised. Do not try to make corrections in awkward or irrelevant sentences. If you still need to rewrite or reorganize the sentence, do it first;
- Set your paper aside for some time (depends on the deadline you have). We recommend you to make some pause between writing your text and its proofreading because it will help you look into your paper with fresh eyes and see your mistakes more easily;
- Know what to search for. Look into the papers of your classmates or your previous texts and you will see what are the most common mistakes committed by the students. We assure you that by knowing what mistakes should be fixed, you will make your proofreading process easier;
- Reduce the word count if necessary. If your paper goes over the allowed limit, make sure to shorten it before proofreading. Keep in mind that to bring you the best grade, your paper should include only direct and concise sentences.
When Proofreading, We Recommend You to:
- Look into the printed version of your paper instead of checking it from the computer screen;
- Read your text out loud. We assure you that reading your text silently, you will skip many mistakes. However, the suggested strategy will also help you find out the awkward and run-on sentences that could be missed when revising your paper for the first time;
- When checking your paper on your laptop, you need to turn on the function that would point to the misspelled words and typos. Also, this function will help you make sure that all punctuation marks are in the right places;
- If you tend to make numerous mistakes, we recommend you to check every group of mistakes separately. For instance, you may read your paper once to check it for the logical fla